NOTICE OF Council MEETING
An Ordinary Meeting of City of Parramatta Council will be held in the Cloister Function Rooms, St Patrick's Cathedral, 1 Marist Place, Parramatta on Tuesday, 26 April 2022 at 6:30pm.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Council 26 April 2022
TABLE OF CONTENTS
ITEM SUBJECT PAGE NO
14 Notices of Motion
14.1 Parramatta Light Rail Stage 2................................................................. 3
Council 26 April 2022 Item 14.1
ITEM NUMBER 14.1
SUBJECT Parramatta Light Rail Stage 2
REFERENCE F2022/00105 - D08488196
FROM Councillor Paul Noack
That Council notes with concern the recent NSW
Government announcement that major projects in Western Sydney including the
Parramatta Light Rail Stage 2, are under review and accordingly resolves the
the Lord Mayor write to the Premier and Minister for Transport calling on them
to commit to this important infrastructure for our LGA, and calling for
a meeting to discuss this matter
project if delayed will further increase costs, and given the projected
development of housing and increased population in the relevant Parramatta
suburbs will further see transport infrastructure lag behind development, and
the needs of our growing communities will be ignored
3. Council further notes this project will provide thousands of jobs for our local community, and will provide the connectivity our LGA needs
1. No background information provided.
CHIEF OF STAFF RESPONSE
2. Correspondence will be prepared and distributed to the Minister for Transport from within existing resources.
3. Premier Dominic Perrottet and Infrastructure Minister Rob Stokes have commented via the media that the timing of major NSW projects is being reviewed.
4. Minister Stokes has advised that the timing of projects that were yet to receive an investment decision, including the second stage of the Parramatta light rail, would be reviewed.
5. Minister Elliott has advised that changes to timelines were inevitable, given the scale of the infrastructure pipeline in NSW.
FINANCIAL AND RESOURCE IMPLICATIONS
6. There are no unbudgeted financial and resource implications associated with this motion.
Chief of Staff
Chief Executive Officer