David Lloyd QC (Chair), Sue Francis, Alf Lester and Darryn Capes-Davis
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TO TRADITIONAL LAND OWNERS
The Chairperson, acknowledged the Burramattagal Clan of The Darug, the traditional land owners of Parramatta and paid respect to the elders both past and present.
The Chairperson advised that this public meeting is being recorded. The recording will be archived and made available on Council’s website.
There were no apologies made to this Local Planning Panel.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest made to this Local Planning Panel.
Reports - Development Applications
DESCRIPTION Demolition of existing structures, tree removal and construction of a two-storey childcare centre for 81 children above a basement car parking level with associated landscaping, fences and paving
REFERENCE DA/577/2019 – D07678819
APPLICANT/S Magneta Pty Ltd
OWNERS Magneta Pty Ltd
REPORT OF Group Manager Development and Traffic Services
The Panel considered the matter listed at Item 5.1 and attachments to Item 5.1.
- Dr Geoff Lee spoke against the application
- Dennis Stojanovski spoke against the application
- Manish Salvi spoke against the application
- Nalini Datt spoke against the application
(a) That pursuant to Section 4.16 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, that the Parramatta Local Planning Panel, exercising the functions of Council grant development consent to DA/577/2019 for the demolition of existing structures, tree removal and construction of a two storey childcare centre for 81 children above a basement car parking level with associated landscaping, fences and paving on land at 52 Belmore Street, North Parramatta, for a period of five (5) years within which physical commencement is to occur from the date on the Notice of Determination, subject to conditions of consent.
(b) That the Plan of Management be amended to reflect the recommendations of the acoustic and traffic reports in relation to the staggered start and finishes and any other matters not addressed in the existing plan of management, and that the details be submitted prior to the issue of a Construction Certificate.
(c) Further, that all submitters be advised of the decision.
The reasons for approval are:
1. The development is permissible in the R2 zone and satisfies the requirements of all of the applicable planning controls.
2. The development will be compatible with the emerging and planned future character of the area.
3. The development does not detract from any nearby heritage items.
4. For the reasons given above, approval of the application is in the public interest.
The reasons for the conditions imposed on this application are as follows:
1. To facilitate the orderly implementation of the objectives of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and the aims and objectives of the relevant Council Planning instrument.
2. To ensure that the local amenity is maintained and is not adversely affected and that adequate safeguards are incorporated into the development.
3. To ensure the development does not hinder the proper and orderly development of the subject land and its surrounds.
4. To ensure the relevant matters for consideration under Section 4.15 of Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 are maintained.
The Panel decision was unanimous.
For: David Lloyd, Sue Francis, Alf Lester and Darryn Capes-Davis
REASONS FOR DECISION
The Panel supports the findings found in the assessment report and endorses the reasons for approval contained in that report, subject to the additional conditions above.
The public meeting terminated at 3:53pm.