NOTICE OF Extraordinary Council MEETING
SUPPLEMENTARY PUBLIC AGENDA
An Extraordinary Council Meeting of City of Parramatta Council will be held remotely via audio-visual link on Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 6:30pm.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
THIS PAGE LEFT BLANK INTENTIONALLY
TABLE OF CONTENTS
8 Minutes of the Lord Mayor
8.1 Condolence Motion - Passing of former Cr Paul Han....................................... 1
ITEM NUMBER 8.1
SUBJECT Condolence Motion - Passing of former Cr Paul Han
REFERENCE F2019/03630 - D07443746
REPORT OF Lord Mayor, Councillor Bob Dwyer
The purpose of this Lord Mayor Minute is to recognise the passing of former Councillor Paul Han, extending Council’s deepest sympathies to his family and friends, and show our respects for his commitment to the local community.
(a) That Council acknowledge the passing of former Councillor Paul Han, who passed away at the weekend, and extend its deepest sympathies to his family and friends;
(b) That Council note arrangements are being made for former Councillor Paul Han’s family to be presented with a memento of his service; and
(c) Further, that the Chamber hold a minutes silence as a mark of mourning and gesture of respect on his passing and in recognition of his commitment to the Parramatta community.
1. Former Councillor Paul Han, husband to Shirley, and father of Anthony, Eric and Angela, passed away at the weekend following a long battle with cancer.
2. A resident of Carlingford, Paul was elected to represent the North Rocks Ward in September 2017, serving as a Councillor on the first Council for the City of Parramatta following amalgamation, until his resignation on 30 April 2020.
1. With a background in engineering, studying at the South China University of Technology and University of New South Wales, and experience working in both the private and public sectors, he was driven to use his knowledge and experience to serve the community.
2. As a passionate and determined advocate, Paul participated actively in the Chamber and on Council committees, including through his representation on the Floodplain Risk Management Committee and the Metropolitan Public Libraries Association.
3. He cared deeply for the community that he served, working hard for the North Rocks Ward, and broader Parramatta community, to enhance Council services and make our City an even better place to live, to work and to raise a family.
4. As a Chamber, we are deeply saddened by the loss of Paul, our friend and colleague, who was well loved by those who knew him and will be greatly missed.
5. Messages of condolence for Paul Han’s family and Council have also been received from the community, including from the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Sydney.
6. The Lord Mayor, on behalf of Council, also offered his condolences directly, and made arrangements for flowers and a letter of condolence to be sent to Paul Han’s family.
7. The City of Parramatta Council offers its deepest sympathies to Paul Han’s family and friends during this incredibly difficult time, and holds a minutes silence as a gesture of respect.
FINANCIAL IMPLICATION FOR COUNCIL
8. There are no new financial implications as a result of this Lord Mayoral Minute.
Lord Mayor, Councillor Bob Dwyer
There are no attachments for this report.