Item 10.4 - Attachment 1
Access Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes 21 June 2011
Leonie Clarke, Joe Dimech, Jim
Grainda, Debbie Manuel, John Moxon, Hamish Murray and Duy
John Moxon welcomed everyone to the Access Committee and introduced Greg Gull and Dimitri Hondros from State Rail.
2. ACKOWLEDGEMENT OF TRADITIONAL OWNERS
John Moxon acknowledged the Burramattagal Clan of The Darug, the traditional land owners of Parramatta and paid respect to the elders both past and present.
No apologies were received for this meeting.
4. CONFLICT OF INTEREST DECLARATION
There were no declarations made regarding conflict of interest at this meeting.
5. CONFIRMATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
A copy of the Minutes of the Access Advisory Committee meeting held on 15 February 2011 had previously been forwarded to each member. A copy of the Notes of the Access Advisory Committee meeting held on 19 April 2011 had also been previously forwarded to each member.
That the Minutes of the meeting of the Access Advisory Committee held on 15 February 2011 be taken as read and confirmed.
6. RailCorp, Dimitri Hondros (Customer Service Manager) and Greg Gull: Changes to Boarding Assistance Presentation
Dimitri and Greg gave a presentation on the changes to the Boarding Assistance Scheme. Main points:-
· The new preferred area to board wheelchairs is not next to the guard, but between where the guard currently is, and where the guard will be on the Waratah trains.
· If you ask to be boarded in another location you can be.
· If there are any problems encountered, contact the Station Manager. They can investigate or escalate the issue.
· RailCorp policy, based on community consultation, requires that members of the public ask station staff for assistance if required.
7. Public Domain Details Update,
Update provided on IDPwD meeting.
9. Correspondence In
10. General Business
10.1 Clyde Station
The Lord Mayor has written to RailCorp regarding access at Clyde Station and to ask for a timetable of all upgrades to be done in the Parramatta LGA. This was the result of a letter written by a concerned resident to a Councillor.
It was noted at a recent ParraConnect Advisory Committee meeting, that the ParraConnect website has several problems including small text, with bad contrast or on text and lack of audio tags.
That Council request the ParraConnect Advisory Committee liaise with the Parramatta Council Access Advisory Committee to ensure that the adoption and implementation of technology for the project is fully accessible for people with a disability.
10.3 Library Return Bin
It was noted that the Parramatta library return bins are now include electronic scanners that are set quite high and may not be accessible for people in wheelchairs. It was also noted that the signage for the use of the barcode scanners needed to be clearer and larger for people with vision impairment, including better lighting for the area to assist in this.
Action: Tanya Owen will liaise with the Library regarding the return bins, communicating the issues raised and seeking solutions to improve accessibility.
16 August 2011 at 5:30pm
Meeting Rooms 1 & 2
The meeting concluded at 7.05 pm