John Holstein in the Chair and Darryn Capes Davis, Michael Goard
(arrived 6.07pm), Pam Kendrick, Ian Macindoe,
1. Welcome and Introductions
The Chair Person, John Holstein welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced Wendy Reed.
Apologies were received and noted from Brain Ford, Anthony DeVries,
Katherine Stone, Adam Cook (Supervisor. Landscape-Architecture) and
Note: Michael Goard arrived that the meeting at 6:07pm during consideration of this matter.
3. Confirmation of Pervious Minutes
A copy of the Minutes of the Cycleways Advisory Committee meeting held on 2 March 2010 had previously been forwarded to each member.
That the Minutes of the meeting of the Access Advisory Committee held on 2 March 2010 be taken as read and confirmed with the following changes:-
- Darren Cape Davis and Anthony DeVries to be added as apologies.
- BNSW MOU date should read 22 February 2010.
4. Declarations of Conflict of Interest
Peter Dixon declared a pecuniary interest in Item 6.2 c as DECCW is the funding body for the Stream Watch Project.
5. M2 Alternative Route
John Holstein attended a meeting with Transurban, Bicycle NSW, Bike North and the RTA. This meeting discussed the alternate route which will go on public exhibition on the 19th April. The Committee discussed its response to this exhibition. All submissions should be forwarded to Bike North to be submitted during the public exhibition period as, Bike North has been coordinating responses to Transurban previously.
6. Cycleway Construction Project 2009/2010
6.1 Federal Projects
6.2 Council Projects
a. O’Connell Street
Construction of a shared
pedestrian/cyclepath along the eastern footpath of
A plan of the proposed works can be viewed either on Council’s website http://www.parracity.nsw.gov.au/council/on_exhibition/have_your_say/proposed_shared_pedestriancycleway_upgrade, or at the Parramatta City Council Administration Building.
b. Marsden Road
Public consultation regarding
the shared path along
c. Camellia Cycle Route
Public consultation regarding
the proposed cycle route linking
the M4 cycle route with the Camellia and
Design plans regarding the project can be viewed at Parramatta City Council Administration or Councils website - http://www.parracity.nsw.gov.au/council/on_exhibition/have_your_say/proposed_cycleway_camellia_clyde.
This project is is part of the ‘TBL: A model for industrial sustainability in the Duck River Catchment’ or more commonly referred to as the ‘Streamline’ sustainable business program, is being conducted through a partnership between Auburn and Parramatta City Councils and is funded through a $1.3million NSW Environmental Trust grant.
In the interests of improving cycleway
connections within the Camellia and
The Committee asked if there would be a formalized link to
1. Pam Kendrick to endorse, on behalf of the Committee, the Camellia Cycleway proposal when it is presented to the April Traffic Committee.
NOTE: Peter Dixon declared a pecuniary interest in this matter as DECCW is the funding body for the Stream Watch Project. He did not take part in the discussion.
7. Traffic Committee Items
Kendrick discussed the instillation of rumble bars in the gutter at
8. Cycle Route Mapping Project
The stocktake template will be resent to all Committee members with the minutes of the meeting. Completed forms are to be returned to Myfanwy Lawrence by 1 June 2010. The audit is a record of facilities which are currently installed, their location and condition.
2. Committee members are to return Completed forms to Myfanwy Lawrence by 1 June 2010.
The Committee broke for a workshop led by John Holstein and Richard Birdsey to discuss cycle promotion.
The following points were discussed -
· The capacity of the Committee – what members and their networks can offer.
· Who will be the target audience for cycle promotion in Parramatta Local Government Area?
· What should be the Committee’s short, medium and long term goals and outcomes?
· Areas which could be useful for cycle promotion -
3. Richard Birsdey is to collate notes from this discussion and distribute to all members of the Committee.
4. That a Ride to Work Day working party be established to expand the event. Myfanwy Lawrence to include this item on the June meeting agenda.
10. General Business
Several bicycle maintenance issues were raised. Members were asked to log these as service requests so they can be tracked.
Meeting Closed 7:50pm