Item 12.2 - Attachment 3
Advisory Committee Criteria
Appendix 3: Searching for Civic, Business and Cultural Leaders:
The Trust is currently active in the marketplace for additional Advisory Committee membership that can assist the Trust to achieve its objectives.
Philanthropy and giving is about relationships. Organisations which are successful at attracting support build and maintain relationships with their supporters over time. This takes commitment, effort, patience and a large reservoir of interpersonal skills. Ideally the Trust is seeking individuals that display the following attributes:
· Integrity and impeccable character
· Business and commercial skills, as evidenced by current or recent position and reputation
· Time to commit to the Board affairs
· Ability to add value to the board room discussions; with the ability to think, question and apply logic
· Clear philosophical and commercial commitment to raising sufficient awareness and funds
These may therefore come from:
· Connection or Interest in Parramatta – justice/legal/finance/retail/corporate/academic/residential development
· Leadership and Focus – managing/company directors, chairman, public or elected office etc.
· Energy and Ambition – entrepreneurs, innovators, change agents, mentors etc
· Passion and Contribution – philanthropists, social/cultural leaders etc.
The likely commitment of a non-Executive Board Member:
· 6 Board meetings per year
· Potentially ½ day planning session annually (as required)
· Attending between 4/6 networking events via board room lunches and conferences
· Generate a further ½ day follow up work between board meetings (i.e.3 days pa.)